top of page


What is Public Access?

Public Access is traditionally a form of non-commercial mass media where the general public can create content television programming which is cablecast through cable TV specialty channels. Public-access television was created in the United States between 1969 and 1971 by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Public-access television is often grouped with public, educational, and government access television channels, by the acronym PEG. PEG Channels are typically only available on cable television systems.

What Channel can I find Public Access?

Millbury Government Access is located on Channel 191 for Charter Subscribers and Channel 26 for Verizon Subscribers.


Millbury Education Access is located on Channel 192 for Charter Subscribers and Channel 24 for Verizon Subscribers.


Millbury Public Access is located on Channel 194 for Charter Subscribers and Channel 28 for Verizon Subscribers.

Where is the Studio Located?

Millbury Public Access Studio is located at 12 Martin Street (inside Millbury High School).

How do I submit a program?

In order to submit a program to air on Public Access a Cablecast Request form must be completed by a Millbury resident.  If you have a one-time program then you need to sign up once, if you are doing a monthly series type program you must resign annually.  Please visit the Studio during regular business hours and fill out the Cablecast Request Form, studio hours are Monday through Friday 2:00pm to 9:00pm.

Who can Use and Borrow Equipment?

Any Resident 18 years or over who have completed the Public Access Training Course or some equivalent training.  You may be asked to demonstrate competency on certain pieces of equipment.

Who can see Millbury Public Access?

Any resident in Millbury that has cable with Charter or Verizon may tune in to Millbury Public Access.  Also residents of Sutton and Grafton can view our channel if they are Verizon subscribers.  Millbury Public Access is available on the web via their website live stream and VOD services.  Millbury Public Access also has a YouTube Channel.

Is there a charge for a copy of a program
or meeting?

The Cable Television Committee deemed one (1) copy at no charge. Additional copies of the same program or meeting and/or additional programs or meetings will be accessed a charge of $10.00 per copy.

What restrictions are there regarding programming?

Here in America we have freedom of speech, but realize that it will be seen by your friends and neighbors and they will have an opinion on what you said.  We do restrict advertising, direct solicitation, lottery and obscene and indecent material.

What Video Formats are accepted?

Millbury Public Access accepts DVD, Mini DV, DV, VHS and SVHS.

How do I submit a bulletin board announcement?

Bulletin Board notices must be submitted in writing via email or mailed to 127 Elm Street Millbury, MA 01527.  The notice may be submitted in a word document or flyer style, jpeg, or pdf.  Bulletin Board announcements must be submitted only by non-profit organizations and must not be a for profit advertisement.

How can I get a copy of a program or meeting I just watched on Millbury Public Access?

Request for copies must be made in writing and emailed to or mailed to 127 Elm Street Millbury, MA 01527.  Please include the title of the program or meeting and the date.

For Example:

Millbury Board of Selectmen from March 10, 2015


On the Light Side with Joe Coggans featuring
Town Manager Bob Spain

Be sure to include your phone number and address on the letter of request so we can let you know when your copy is ready and please specify DVD or VHS.

bottom of page